[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue Re-declaration

Chuck Remes cremes.devlist at mac.com
Tue Jan 13 03:03:13 GMT 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 6:39 PM, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:

> If a queue is declared by one client as durable and non-auto-delete,
> but then a second client connects and declares the same queue (this
> time non-durable and auto-delete), is the second queue declaration
> NOOP'd entirely or do the different properties now take effect? Thank
> you in advance.

According to the 0-8 and 0-10 specs, if the queue already exists then
subsequent declarations with :durable and :auto-delete set ignore
those bits.

BTW, the same is true for exchanges.

I could not find these provisions in the 0-9-1 spec which is odd.
However, I imagine these provisions hold true for it too.

cr