[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 21:58:46 GMT 2009

Hi Ben,

While replication would be helpful, an alternate stop gap would be the
ability to use the message queue log off the dead node and populate
the messages back into the cluster on command. More often than not, we
can stand a bit of a delay in the processing of the messages in the
event of the loss of a node (while we get the node back up). However,
if it looks like the node is going to be down for awhile (and
providing the message log is on some sort of network storage like NFS
or iSCSI), we may need to get the messages re-populated back into the
cluster while the dead node gets rebuilt.

Thank you again!

-J