[rabbitmq-discuss] [PROBLEM] .NET Client fails with OperationInterruptedException

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Jan 12 15:59:03 GMT 2009

Dmitriy,

Dmitriy Samovskiy wrote:
> We have been running rabbit in VMs for quite some time. Not a whole lot
> of volume though. Time does fall behind at times (occasionally) on some
> VMs (not all), but rabbit brokers running on these VMs AFAIK never had
> noticeable problems with it.

Time drift (within reason) isn't a problem, but sudden adjustments to
the time can be.

The server, Java client and Erlang client should be largely immune to
such adjustments, but I don't think the .net client is (though I haven't
spend enough time looking into this to be sure).

> Also, another question - do you think time keeping issues are more
> likely to impact clients from the network or clients from localhost or
> both will be impacted equally?

Difficult to say. Depends on which particular timers/timeouts are being
affected.

Matthias.