[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ timing out under small load

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:01:27 GMT 2009

Greg,

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 1:57 AM, gfodor <gfodor at gmail.com> wrote:

> For our application we opted to not use subscriptions for the consumers,
> they pretty much just sit in a loop and call get, sleeping when there is no
> work to be done.

Sure. If performance is not an issue then this approach is fine.

> Overall I'm pretty skeptical that this was a network related issue, simply
> because as soon as the two large queues were deleted and re-created
> everything instantly started working again. But then again I'm no erlang
> expert :)

I'm not saying that is necessarily is a network issue, it's just that
I don't have any points to speculate about at this point in time.

The main issue is that you can't reproduce these symptoms.

Short of being able to reproduce this somehow in order to debug this -
is it possible that you could send us your code so that we can maybe
infer something from that? It's a long shot, but none of the other
clues that you've given us so far have led to any plausible hypothesis
:-(

Ben