[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ timing out under small load

Dmitriy Samovskiy dmitriy.samovskiy at cohesiveft.com
Tue Jan 6 21:54:28 GMT 2009

gfodor wrote:
> Yes, they are on two instances but they are in fact clustered. Now that you
> mention it, I remember that one of the nodes seemed to have no connections
> to it while the other had a handful -- I also noticed that one node was more
> responsive than the other. I'm wondering if perhaps it was a node-localized
> issue but the effects were propagated due to the clustering?
Possibly, and maybe even likely. I am not sufficiently familiar with erlang distributed
mode and rabbit internals to say what kind of failure could lead to results that you
described though.

Are you sure there is nothing of interest in rabbit logs, apart from timeouts, on both
instances? Maybe something in system logs?

Any info in client logs maybe that could explain why all of them connected to a single
broker (I assume normally you spread connections somewhat equally between the 2 brokers)?