[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: question on the faq

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 17:57:26 GMT 2009

Tim,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Tim Coote <tim+rabbitmq.com at coote.org> wrote:
> messaging system): I can send messages to the message server with
> transactional semantics, but there's no downstream semantics. I'm not
> very clear on how this is a useful piece of functionality as I cannot
> see what guarantees I get for it.

In addition to Gordon's example, imagine a scenario where you are
streaming a large XML document and publishing the fragments as
individual messages to a downstream system. You may have some
requirement to be able to recall all of the messages that you have
already forwarded, if for example, you are midway through the
processing and you encounter an invalid item.

HTH,

Ben