[rabbitmq-discuss] Download location for non-beta client library

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 23:43:59 GMT 2009

Neil, Michael,

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Michael Greene <michael.greene at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.5.0 is as safe and stable as any previous release.

For stability and correctness' sake, I would recommend 1.5 over 1.4 -
1.5 contains many fixes for bugs that became apparent after 1.4 was
released. This is not to say that 1.4 was excessively buggy, it's just
that 1.5 caters for more edge cases than 1.4.

>> For various reasons it would be useful to have an archive of previous
>> releases.
>
> I agree.  There are various releases archived at
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/ including the one you are looking
> for, but it might be helpful if this URI had a link in the
> documentation.

The hg cgi gives you a tarball of the tree based on the release tags,
so I you want a 1.4 tarball, you can get it here:
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/rev/b0b80123a480

HTH,

Ben