[rabbitmq-discuss] macports rabbitmq-server

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 14:29:52 GMT 2009

Hi Brett,

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Alexis Richardson
<alexis.richardson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tony is on vacation and may not get this for a few days.  So I am
> cc'ing Ben who may know the answer to your question.
>
> alexis
>
> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Brett Eisenberg <brett at macports.org> wrote:
>> Hi Tony,
>>
>> Any chance you're going to update the MacPort for rabbitmq?

There is a chance but I don't know how soon this will happen.

The main reason behind the reluctance to do this is because of the
extra effort each OS-specific package brings on the core Rabbit team
(i.e. doing it, testing it and maintaining it over time) - we would
*prefer* to allocate resources to developing new functionality in the
server.

Hence I did ask a while back if there is anybody in the community who
would like to take on the honour of packaging Rabbit for their
favorite OS and package manager -
http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2008-November/002251.html

For example, Phillip Neumann maintains a BSD port of Rabbit
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=rabbitmq&stype=all) on his
own initiative.

And Aman Gupta maintains a package for Arch Linux:

So hopefully somebody in the OSX community might feel like taking this on.

HTH,

Ben