[rabbitmq-discuss] Debian rabbitmq-server package rejected

John Leuner jewel at subvert-the-dominant-paradigm.net
Tue Feb 24 11:52:08 GMT 2009

There were some queries from the Debian ftpmaster about rabbitmq's
copyright.

1. We should explicitly list the copyright and (BSD License) for
amqp-0.8.json at the top of debian/copyright

2.

> the files src/tcp_* seem to be taken from the cacherl project:
> http://code.google.com/p/cacherl/ which is listed as being LGPL, but
> there is no mention of this in debian/copyright.  Can you please get a
> clarification on the origin and distribution license of this code

3. In debian/copyright we list the copyright and license as:

Copyright: 2006-2009 Rabbit Technologies Ltd.

License:
The RabbitMQ server is licensed under the MPL.

but further down in the actual text of the MPL license there are
additional copyright holders

---

   The Initial Developers of the Original Code are LShift Ltd,
     Cohesive Financial Technologies LLC, and Rabbit Technologies Ltd.

     Portions created before 22-Nov-2008 00:00:00 GMT by LShift Ltd,
     Cohesive Financial Technologies LLC, or Rabbit Technologies Ltd
     are Copyright (C) 2007-2008 LShift Ltd, Cohesive Financial
     Technologies LLC, and Rabbit Technologies Ltd.

     Portions created by LShift Ltd are Copyright (C) 2007-2009 LShift
     Ltd. Portions created by Cohesive Financial Technologies LLC are
     Copyright (C) 2007-2009 Cohesive Financial Technologies
     LLC. Portions created by Rabbit Technologies Ltd are Copyright
     (C) 2007-2009 Rabbit Technologies Ltd.

---

We need to address these issues and any other possible copyright/license
problems before submitting to Debian again.

John Leuner