[rabbitmq-discuss] My App Isn't Scaling

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 11:03:45 GMT 2009

Daniel,

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Daniel N <has.sox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately I can't cut it down easily...

Sure, but it does make it difficult to help you though.

> I have been talking to tmm1 on IRC and he's suggested that I pop the
> messages in my consumers rather than subscribe due to the way the event
> machine handles subscriptions in ruby.

In general a subscription should perform better than a get.

In terms of tracking down any potential server side issues, it can
sometimes be an idea to replicate the issue with a different client
library, just to be able to rule out any client side issues.

> The slow times could very well be couchdb's fault rather than the rabbit mq
> so I will try to pinpoint that as an issue / not an issue and let you know.
> If I can't get to the bottom of it with this I'll work out a cut down
> version of what I'm doing.

Yes, this would be very helpful.

Ben