[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP Error?

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Tue Feb 17 14:55:34 GMT 2009

Darien Kindlund wrote:
> 1) Is it "normal" for this activity to occur every 5 minutes?  Is this
> a fixed time or is it variable?  If it's variable, what factors
> control when and how often this occurs?

5 minutes is an interesting coincidence. It's variable: it happens every
500 "persister events" -- see
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/1c307e454a52/src/rabbit_persister.erl#l280
and the definition of MAX_WRAP_ENTRIES at
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/1c307e454a52/src/rabbit_persister.erl#l52

You may wish to bump up this definition and see if it changes things for
you. (Note also I am working on general improvements to the persister,
but that could take Quite Some Time)

> 2) When one STOMP connection generates this error, does it affect
> any/all future STOMP connections?  Meaning, is this error more likely
> to occur with 500 connections as opposed to 5?  Or does that not
> matter?

The system should *recover* from it; but with more connections and more
activity, you'll see log rollovers more frequently, and more stress on
the persister process.

Tony