[rabbitmq-discuss] C Client Library?

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 23:03:12 GMT 2009

Michael,

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Michael Artz <mlartz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that this has been asked before (I couldn't find the answer), but are
> there any native C client libraries that work (or could be made to work)
> with RabbitMQ (i.e. AMPQ 0-8)?  I've seen hints that people have been able
> to (potentially) make the OpenAMPQ WireAPI work ... does anyone know if this
> is true?  Alternatively, for very simple use cases (3 topic exchanges and 10
> queues), how much effort would be required to modify either RabbitMQ or
> WireAPI to interoperate?

A long time ago I patched an old version of OpenAMQ's C client and
RabbitMQ to get them to work together.

However, if you can be patient, we are in the middle of implementing
AMQP 0.9.1, which the OpenAMQ guys have already implemented. The
primary goal of 0.9.1 is interoperability between brokers.

HTH,

Ben