[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ/Erlang Dependency on SSL

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 16:48:58 GMT 2009

Roger,

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Wilson, Roger <roger.wilson at lehman.com> wrote:
>This is more an observation than a bug or issue.

Technically this is a bug, see below for details :-)

> =ERROR REPORT==== 4-Feb-2009::12:22:03 === connection <0.221.0>
> (running), channel 1 - error:
> {undef,[{ssl_base64,encode,
> It looked like the ssl library call is missing.  My guess is it uses
> some call into SSL to produce the random queue name.

As it turns out, we use the ssl_base64 module and have left ourselves
a TODO in the code to remove this:

"We use the (undocumented) ssl_base64 module here because it is
present throughout OTP R11 and R12 whereas base64 only becomes
available in R11B-4. Once debian stable and EPEL have moved from
R11B-2 to R11B-4 or later we should change this to use base64."

In the meantime the world has moved on past R11B-4, so it's probably
time to create a bug to get this action itemed.

Thanks for pointing it out.

HTH,

Ben