[rabbitmq-discuss] error on startup

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Feb 2 21:50:29 GMT 2009

Billy,

Billy Chasen wrote:
> I think this stems from a conflict or misconfiguration on this image
> (only major addition was daemontools).  I was able to successfully
> install rabbitmq on a fresh image from a few months ago

I cannot image daemontools, or any other package, breaking bash's
escaping/expansion in such a weird way.

Are you sure you were running the exact same version of the
rabbitmq-server script as shipped? The md5sum should have been this:

$ md5sum /usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmq-server
1c5191093839be2250e605cc6e72422c  /usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmq-server

Regards,

Matthias.