[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ or other AMQP Client on Embedded Systems

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 00:28:03 GMT 2009

Angus,

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Angus Davis <angus.davis at gmail.com> wrote:
> We could consider, for example, a Linksys WRT54G running
> OpenWRT Linux - does anyone have experience running RabbitMQ or another
> RabbitMQ-compatible AMQP client in such an environment, perhaps on an
> Linksys WRT54G or similar embedded device?

FWIW we use bunch of Linksys NSLU2 SLUGs to test Rabbit broker clustering.

However, you are more interested in the client rather than the broker.
Considering that the server can run in a resource constrained
environment, it is likely that a client scenario would work as well.

Depending on your actual resource constraints, you might want to use a
native client in order to avoid the overhead of a VM.

Were that the case, you might want to look at OpenAMQ's C client, I
should imagine it compiles on a variety of architectures.

But I don't know if you had any specific client language or bindings in mind.

HTH,

Ben