[rabbitmq-discuss] ocaml libs

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Mon Dec 28 11:59:26 GMT 2009

Hi Joe,

I was looking into this over the xmas break. It ought to be possible to
get something working fairly quickly, but whether it'll work well or
efficiently I don't know. The biggest missing piece was integration
between sockets and the Event module. Alternatives like Lwt 2.0 were a
bit disappointing. I suppose plain old threading could work well enough;
I don't know enough of OCaml style and idiom to know what is the right
approach here.

I looked into SML/NJ, as well. What a lovely system! The lightweight
continuations make for good integration between sockets and CML. So, if
it were my spare time, I'd likely build an SML/NJ library rather than an
OCaml one :-)

Regards,
  Tony