[rabbitmq-discuss] amqpfs announcement

yrashk yrashk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 06:43:43 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am happy to announce an early version of aqmpfs (I've been cooking it for
a little bit more than a week).

AMQPFS is a Filesystem as API that works through AMQPFS, all filesystem
providers are available through AMQP bus and can be distributed in the
network.

What's the point? Why one may need this? Well, this project started as a way
to integrate some third-party software while maintaining no real files or
directories for it.

For example, it could be used to serve configuration files, receive logs and
such. Itsuse is virtually unlimited.

Plus, it can also utilize multiple instances of providers for the same path
which leads us to interesting fault tolerance and availability algorithms.

Would be glad to know if anybody else will find it useful.

It is available at http://github.com/scallable/amqpfs

Please note that it is very immature and pretty much undocumented. Feel free
to contact
me (yrashk on FreeNode IRC or yrashk at gmail.com by e-mail).

Cheers,
Yurii