[rabbitmq-discuss] clustering rabbitmq using ip addresses

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Tue Dec 15 10:27:40 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 01:44:38AM -0800, bido wrote:
> Hi, one last question, do you know what is the version of the server this
> feature will be available ? wanna document this on my side.

Well it's unlikely that we'll switch to using -name over -sname. Using
-sname has its own advantages though as you've found doesn't work in all
cases, so it's likely you'll still have to do some editing, though we
could somehow work it into a config file.

The general fixes that allow you to use an IP address as the nodename,
when using -name will appear in the next stable release. That'll either
be 1.7.1 or 1.8. It's very likely 1.7.1 will happen, but there's a small
chance we'll jump right to 1.8. It depends on when various things get
through QA.

Matthew