[rabbitmq-discuss] How to set full nodename

Adam Cigánek adam.ciganek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 13:58:52 GMT 2009

Hello there,

How to tell rabbitmq to use nodename like "rabbit at localhost"? If I put
this into /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf (i'm on debian based distro):

NODENAME=rabbit at localhost

then it seems to insist on connecting to "rabbit at localhost@blahblah"
(where blahblah is the hostname of the machine it is running on). I
tried also setting the environment variable RABBITMQ_NODENAME, but
with the same results.

The reason I want to do this is that I want to be able to change the
hostname of my machine while rabbitmq is running without it going
crazy.