[rabbitmq-discuss] Priorities support in RabbitMQ

Michal Chruszcz mchruszcz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 12:34:37 BST 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 10:50 AM, Matthias Radestock wrote:

> Michal,
>
> Michal Chruszcz wrote:
>> On Aug 28, 2009, at 5:48 PM, Matthew Sackman wrote:
>>> RabbitMQ does not support message priorities at all
>> Thank you for the answer. This makes things quite clear. Then I
>> just  have to keep my fingers crossed and hope it'll be supported
>> as soon as  possible.
>
> What do you want to use priorities for? Depending on your use case
> there could be some fairly straightforward approaches to emulate
> priorities with the current RabbitMQ releases.

Think so? I've been looking for *something* that could enable me to
control order of message processing. Say I have distributed
asynchronous data processing service, which uses RabbitMQ for queueing
tasks, and would like to prioritize them depending on  data volume
(tiny packages are processed first). Priorities seemed to be perfect
solution, but unfortunately later I realized it's not supported yet.

Michal Chruszcz
mchruszcz at gmail.com
mobile: +48 607 620 771
phone: +48 22 849 30 26