[rabbitmq-discuss] Setting up WAN cluster vs using Shovel

Anuj Agarwal aagarwal at yellowpages.com
Sat Aug 29 18:24:46 BST 2009

Hi,

We plan to use RabbitMQ in 2 of our data centers. We're thinking of
setting up a local cluster in each data center and a 'WAN cluster' which
includes 2 nodes from each data center for applications that need to
publish msgs that should be retrievable from either data center.

Private address space is the same across the 2 co-los (same domain) so
configuring such a cluster is not an issue. Does this solution have
drawbacks as opposed to using the Shovel addon? This seems much simpler
to use than Shovel, but are how robust is the cluster against data
connection hiccups between the nodes?

thanks..