[rabbitmq-discuss] File operation error: eacces. Target: ...

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 21:42:08 BST 2009

Brian,

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Brian Whitman<brian at echonest.com> wrote:
> We have rabbit running on a managed host that did the setup for us and runs
> rabbit under the user rabbitmq-server. Everything works great from our
> client end but when we log on to the server directly and do a list_queues
> command on rabbitmqctl we get all these errors. Note that the queues do get
> listed but after a big long list of "File operation error"s. Are these
> something to worry about? If so, what i can tell the team to fix?

Basically it's a privilege issue with the user that is executing the
script. Whether or not it is something to worry about depends on
whether you are parsing the output of the script. Certainly it doesn't
look nice, so it would be nice to tweak the packaging so that it just
works without complaining for any user, but off the top of my head I
don't know the implications of doing this. We'd have to take a closer
look.

Ben