[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: load balancing for consummer

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 00:18:23 BST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] load balancing for consummer
To: Ben Hood <0x6e6562 at gmail.com>

Just reread our last mail exchange. Well installed latest default
branhes of both rabbitmq-server and client and it works well. The
defaults behaviour are just the one I use, and some api call are more
understandable I thought. Juts come back on one point of your mail I
didn't see at first

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Ben Hood<0x6e6562 at gmail.com> wrote:
;
> - Are you sure you need a topic exchange?
> - Furthermore, I assume that your code works, but I what I'm not
> getting on first glance is how the subscription works when you use the
> name of the module instead of a pid - maybe there's something else
> going on here?

i use ?MODULE to catch message at handle_info level. Would you suggest
another method ? Also I'm not sure I'm right to do it especially if I
want to catch cases where socket is closed. What is the best practice
about it ?

- benoît