[rabbitmq-discuss] attempt to connect to broker with invalid username/password hangs

Mark Geib mark.geib at echostar.com
Tue Aug 25 15:31:07 BST 2009

I have just started using non guest users and password and have found
that using the erlang client when I make the call

amqp_connection:start(User, Password, Broker)

it will hang, seemingly forever, if the user is invalid. Once I change
the user to a correct one everything works as advertised.

Is there a way to avoid this hang and detect wrong user names.??

--
Principal Engineer
Cheyenne Software Engineering

PGP fingerprint:6DFC 389D 9796 0188 92E5 58F5 34C5 6B47 D091 76FD