[rabbitmq-discuss] client and server versioning

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 17:35:53 BST 2009

Juhani,

On 8/3/09, Ben Hood <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Juhani,
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Juhani Ränkimies<juhani at juranki.com>
> wrote:
>> Am I asking for trouble if I follow erlang-client default branch and
>> keep the server at 1.6.0?
>> I'd be using network connection.
>
> Until the Erlang client is officially released, following the default
> branch of the client is pretty much your only reasonably stable
> option. Given that you can now build loadable bundles for the modules
> specific to the client and for the shared modules and your client is
> running in a different VM, you should fair well.

You have probably realized by now that what I said previously is a
complete lie. Whilst we are trying to target Erlang server-client
release synchronicity for 1.7, we've taken the opportunity to refactor
the API a bit in the last week or so - I think Matthew pointed this
out at some point as well.

Ben