[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP error messages saner (was Re: Weird Crash (91MB message over STOMP) [Reproducible])

Darien Kindlund darien at kindlund.com
Tue Aug 18 15:41:35 BST 2009

Hi Tony,

One quick question: Is there any way to swap different versions of
compiled STOMP adapters without having to restart RabbitMQ?  I'd
really like to test the changes made, but starting up/shutting down
consumers is a slow, expensive process.  I was kind of thinking that
the swap in procedure ideally would be the same as swapping in a new
Apache module (e.g., mod_perl) and issuing a graceful restart, which
would allow existing connections to use the old code, while the new
code would be used by new connections.

I'm guessing this is probably not something implemented, but thought
I'd ask just in case.

-- Darien