[rabbitmq-discuss] How to sanely bind one queue to many exchanges?

Nathan Gray n8gray at n8gray.org
Sat Aug 15 17:09:05 BST 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Paul Jones<pauljones23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 6:33 AM, Nathan Gray <n8gray at n8gray.org> wrote:
>>
>> Oops, more questions.  Assume I've created a queue, bound it to an
>> exchange with some keys, and started a consumer on it.  If I want to
>> bind on yet another key do I need to cancel the consumer first, or can
>> I just keep issuing queue_bind at arbitrary times?
>
> No, you can just bind whenever you like.

Ok, good.

>> Also, is there a nicely-formatted non-xml version of amqp0-8.xml
>> somewhere?
>
> The AMQP website has a PDF'ed version at
> http://jira.amqp.org/confluence/download/attachments/720900/amqp-xml-doc0-8.pdf?version=1

That document seems to be missing most of the interesting information.
 For example here is the complete documentation for simple.get:

====
This method provides a direct access to the messages in a queue using
a synchronous dialogue that is designed for   specific types of
application where synchronous functionality is more important than
performance.

The Get method has the following specific fields:

This is the Get pseudo­structure:
====

That's it.  No description of the fields or pseudostructure.

Thanks,
-n8

--
http://n8gray.org