[rabbitmq-discuss] Use case for durable exchange?

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:03:25 BST 2009

Jim,

Exchanges contain routing information which you may not want to lose
in a crash.  Queues contain messages, for eventual delivery.
Persistent messages plus durable queues gives you eventual delivery
even if the queue crashes.  But you also want durable exchanges if you
plan to send more messages down the same path even after a crash.

Does this help?

alexis