[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang-client issue, discarding content?

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Tue Aug 4 17:13:44 BST 2009

Hi Suhail,

Suhail Doshi wrote:
> I basically keep the channel object and connection open the entire time
> so I do not do the statup stuff over and over, is this a bad idea?

On the contrary, that's a *good* idea...

> I don't see any global objects of mine increasing in size so I can
> only think I am doing something wrong from a rabbitmq perspective.

Hmm. Are you using more than one channel per connection? If so, the
other channels may be being starved, which may lead to a backlog of work
accumulating in them. You may need to restructure the main loop of your
application, if you're using more than one channel.

Regards,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net