[rabbitmq-discuss] Large number of connections

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Apr 30 17:30:52 BST 2009

Lawrence Kesteloot wrote:
> multiplexer processes
> that do nothing but multiplex 1000 TCP AMQP connections into a single
> one? I don't know if the AMQP protocol makes this possible. It might
> need to keep track of virtual connections within the single connection.

An interesting idea! One can easily imagine an AMQP 0-9-1 proxy that
accepts connections and multiplexes the opened channels into channels on
a single connection to the real RabbitMQ Server. Essentially an "AMQP
concentrator".

It ought even to be fairly easy to implement, using perhaps the
(internals of the) Java client library... anyone fancy having a go?

Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net