[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to install on Ubuntu 8.10

Jacek jacek99 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:51:12 BST 2009

Jacek wrote:

> Not very helpful, I'm afraid...
>
> {"init terminating in
> do_boot",{undef,[{rabbit_multi,start,[]},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}
>
> Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
> init terminating in do_boot ()

Ah, I think I found it...looks like somehow I didn't remove my R13A Erlang
version (even though I attempted to reinstall the stable version from the
Ubuntu repos):

Erlang R13A (erts-5.7) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
[kernel-poll:false]

Let me ensure my box is back to the stable Erlang version and try again.
It's probably caused by me having installed the bleeding edge version of
Erlang earlier....