[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ + Stomp under FC9

David Cawley daviddcawley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 04:35:13 BST 2009

I've been testing out several Message Queues under Redhat FC9
using Stomp e.g. POE based MQ and ActiveMQ. I also wanted to
try RabbitMQ but I'm unable to receive messages from the queue?
I see that Tony from lshift has been busy answering questions and
fixing issues so I'm hoping it's in a usable state.

I installed the rabbitmq-server-1.5.3-1 via yum (I had to manually create
a rabbitmq user/group and home directory for a cookie). I then compiled
the stomp adaptor as follows using the rabbitmq_v1_5_3 tag :

cd /usr/lib/erlang/lib/
hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-stomp
cd rabbitmq-stomp
hg update rabbitmq_v1_5_3
make RABBIT_SERVER_SOURCE_ROOT=../rabbitmq_server-1.5.3

I created a config file so that the stomp adaptor is used:
/etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf

    SERVER_START_ARGS='
      -pa /usr/lib/erlang/lib/rabbitmq-stomp/ebin
      -rabbit
         stomp_listeners [{"0.0.0.0",61613}]
         extra_startup_steps
[{"STOMP-listeners",rabbit_stomp,kickstart,[]}]'

I restarted the rabbitmq-server process and I can connect to port 61613. The
stomp
connect works. However, when I run the example perl test scripts I don't
receive any
of the messages. The rabbit.log file indicates the accepting of the TCP
connection
and starting and sending of Stomp connection and no errors. I also tried
using the ruby
examples but still no luck. I even tried doing the process above with the
latest 1.5.4
mq-server rpm with the v1_5_3 tagged rabbitmq-stomp. How can I get it
working?

./examples/perl/rabbitmq_stomp_send.pl
./examples/perl/rabbitmq_stomp_recv.pl

Thanks,