[rabbitmq-discuss] channel.flow

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Apr 15 09:42:16 BST 2009

Aman,

Aman Gupta wrote:
> Thanks! I'm trying to figure out what the behavior should be in the
> async ruby library, since blocking is not possible. I probably need to
> maintain a local queue per channel..
>
> Is there something like Basic.PublishOk that I can hook up to a
> callback on MQ::Queue#publish?

basic.publish is asynchronous; there is no confirmation.

How is your lib dealing with errors during publish? On way to deal with
channel.flow{active=false} in a client is to mark the channel as blocked
and return/raise an error on all subsequent publishes.

You may also want to expose the channel.flow events to apps, so they can
do internal flow control.

Matthias.