[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Erlang API questions

Lev Walkin vlm at lionet.info
Wed Apr 8 23:33:33 BST 2009

Matthias Radestock wrote:
> Lev,
>
> Lev Walkin wrote:
>> According to my understanding, exclusive provides access exclusivity
>> (noone can get to this queue unless the exclusive accessor finishes).
>> The lifetime tie is provided by auto_delete, which is set to false in
>> this case.
>>
>> Do you have a reference to an appropriate AMQP standard clause which
>> says that my understanding is incorrect?
>
>  From the amqp0-8.xml: "Setting the 'exclusive' flag always implies
> 'auto-delete'."
>
> And from the amqp0-9-1.xml: "Exclusive queues ...are deleted when that
> connection closes."

amqp-0-10 does not have this implication (page 228):

Exclusive queues can only be used from one session at a time. Once a
session declares an exclusive queue, that queue cannot be used by any
other session until the declaring session closes.

And wrt: auto-delete:

  If this field is set and the exclusive field is not set the queue is
deleted when all the consumers have finished using it.

Which is ambiguous, but can easily mean that if auto-delete field is not
set, the queue is not deleted.

--
Lev Walkin
vlm at lionet.info