[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbits, Jackalopes. and R13

Elliot Murphy elliot at canonical.com
Fri Apr 3 02:41:17 BST 2009

On 04/02/2009 08:05 PM, Alexis Richardson wrote:
> Please could you help Dane and others (some of whom may not have seen
> PPA) by telling the list a bit more about the purpose and nature of
> the PPA process?
You bet!

A PPA stands for Personal Package Archive, it is your very own personal
Ubuntu repository, where you can upload packages of all different kinds.
Wonderful for learning, experimenting, doing backports, a place to
publish nightly builds, to let a QA team work with before publishing to
an official repository, etc. More details on how to use them here:

https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA

Once you upload, packages are built on all the official Ubuntu
architectures, any person or team in launchpad.net can have a free PPA.

For example, I run a cron script that creates nightly builds of the bzr
package, which lets me test a daily snapshot of bzr on all my dev machines:
https://edge.launchpad.net/~bzr-nightly-ppa/+archive/ppa

Hope that helps!
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/