[rabbitmq-discuss] Huge latency in Linux, compared with Leopard

Bogon Choi bogon.choi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 20:44:51 BST 2008

I've found a very interesting result.

This latency problem is caused by creating a connection and closing it.

If you reuse a connection for next messages, the latency is almost same as
MulticastMain shows, which is hundreds us. But, if you reconnect each time
when you send a publish message, the result shows 40ms only for Linux.

Yes, I still don't know why Linux & Erlang is 10 times slower than Leopard &
Erlang's 4ms when we re-establish a connection before publishing a message.
As above two smart guys suggested, we need to dig into the kernel level. I
don't know all combinations of kernel parameter which affects to this
result. I need to struggle.