[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang client API: transactions

Edwin Fine rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net
Tue Sep 23 22:56:40 BST 2008

IIRC, the persister is writing to an mnesia database. When you start Rabbit,
it defines where the mnesia database is. If you put the database on its own
disk or even better on its own controller and disk, it may increase
throughput dramatically. Also, is the web server, and maybe even shovel,
logging lots of status messages to disk? If it is, the combined I/O could
strain your I/O subsystem and create timeouts. If this is the case, perhaps
you could reduce the logging level.

My feeling is to try to remove the cause of the timeouts rather than work
around them. vmstat is your friend.

I forget - what web server are you using? Is it Yaws?

Edwin