[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang client error

Haldun Bayhantopcu hbayhantopcu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 23:57:59 BST 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to use erlang client library (with no prior experience).
It seems to connect to broker, however when I try to declare an
exchange, I get an error message which I totally don't understand.

My try on erlang console:

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.3 [source] [smp:2] [async-threads:
0] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.6.3  (abort with ^G)
1> Conn = lib_amqp:start_connection("localhost").
{<0.33.0>,network}
2> Channel = lib_amqp:start_channel(Conn).
<0.40.0>
3> lib_amqp:declare_exchange(Channel, <<"test">>).
Connection: Handling exit from <0.40.0> --> {function_clause,

[{amqp_channel,handle_info,
                                                [{'EXIT',<0.41.0>,
                                                  {badarg,
                                                   [{rabbit_framing,