[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems Closing Channels

Kyle Sampson kyle at threerings.net
Tue Sep 16 02:54:19 BST 2008

Hello, I'm using the Java RabbitMQ client 1.4.0.  I've noticed that
there are occasions where calling Channel.close() causes the thread
the block indefinitely.  Most often this occurs when it's trying to
close a channel that has already been closed.  However, recently I've
run into a situation where calling this method will halt the thread
even after a call to Channel.isOpen() returns true; no other threads
are closing the channel or the connection.  Any ideas what could be
causing this?  Thank you for your time.

Kyle Sampson
kyle at threerings.net