[rabbitmq-discuss] changes to rabbit_amqqueue:declare in trunk

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Sep 15 08:13:35 BST 2008

Anders,

anders conbere wrote:
> I've noticed that there are changes in rabbit_amqqueue:declare in
> trunk from 1.4.0
> [...]
> Is there a description somewhere of what the declare function now
> expects?

There's a type signature near the beginning of rabbit_amqqueue:

-spec(declare/4 :: (queue_name(), bool(), bool(), amqp_table()) ->
              amqqueue()).

> (I simple removed the Realm argument I was passing shifting
> everything over,

That is correct.

> but that seems to have broken when passed to default binding).

The queue name now needs to be passed in as a #resource. Use something like
   rabbit_misc:r(<<"/">>, queue, <<"TheQueueName">>)
to create it.

Matthias.