[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang resh - shell process terminated.

Edwin Fine rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net
Sat Sep 13 18:07:51 BST 2008

May I make a suggestion?

Putting the cookie on the command line is insecure from the point of view
that anyone that can do a ps on the system can see the cookie, and connect
to your node and do evil things. If you're just a home user, that's probably
not a problem, but the suggestion may be of user anyway. What I do is create
a user per application that uses RabbitMQ, and copy the
$RABBIT_DIR/.erlang.cookie file from RabbitMQ into the user's home
directory. Then, if I log on as that user, I never have to worry about the
cookie or about the security aspect and just type in erl -sname test$$
-remsh rabbit at localhost

Regards,
Edwin Fine