[rabbitmq-discuss] Newer version of the erlang emulator and RabbitMQ

Eran Sandler eran.sandler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 16:46:31 BST 2008

Hi all,

The version of erlang distributed for Windows is rather old (about 1+
years old).

Is there any specific benefit for moving to a new emulator?

Is there a test suite of some kind that I can use if I want to test
RabbitMQ on Windows on a newer erlang emulator?

I suspect that my previous problems that caused the 541 error might be
related to a combination of Windows, old erlang and RabbitMQ and I want
to rule that out.

Currently, my RabbitMQ runs OK for the past 20+ hours but its running in
a command line shell which is not really favorable when you have a
remote Windows machine that needs a login to run this executable and
someone might accidentally log off the session...

I hope that the new erlsrv might fix the issue that I'm currently
experiencing.

Eran