[rabbitmq-discuss] Starting Persister stage takes a long time

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:54:23 BST 2008

Eran,

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 7:20 AM, Eran Sandler <eran.sandler at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been using erlsrv to run rabbitmq. At some point when I started to get
> the 541 error I previously reported upon I decided to restart the service.
> It seems to get stuck and not respond so I run the command line and saw that
> its stuck on the starting persister stage and uses a lot of CPU.

Bear in mind that whilst erlsrv is known to work for a few people from
the community, this is not something that we have tested nor support
yet.

When you say that it is stuck, for how long does it stick in the
persister stage?

Also, how big is the log file?

Again, if you send some code that reproduces your usage so that we can
run it, stop the broker and restart so that we can reproduce your
problem.

> Is it because I simply stopped the service instead of using rabbitmqctl stop
> ? What is the proper way of stopping rabbitmq?

No, that's a perfectly fine way of stopping the broker.

Ben