[rabbitmq-discuss] producer with no consumer

Mark Geib mark.geib at echostar.com
Tue Sep 2 18:48:47 BST 2008

We are evaluating RabbitMQ for new system that will essentially provide
a stream of messages containing some real time data. I have a prototype
of the system built but when I stop all the consumers of the stream the
broker starts using more cpu and the size of the broker, in memory used,
starts growing. I assume that since the producer is still posting
messages that they are being queued until a consumer connects.? Is this
expected, can I configure the broker, or exchange, etc. so that messages
are just dumped if there is no consumer.

Thanks.
Mark.

--
Principal Engineer