[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: Recovering Messages when exchange, queue, or broker dies

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 17:40:59 GMT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ben Hood <0x6e6562 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] Recovering Messages when exchange,
queue, or broker dies
To: Steve Weaver <weaveinator at gmail.com>

Steve,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Steve Weaver <weaveinator at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben -
> Thanks for replying - I have already looked at that but using (for now) C#
> client which doesn't have SSL or SSH built in.  I have SSL tunnel (using
> Stunnel) connecting to server but then it times out.  Problem is that I'm
> not sure how once I have connection, how to send the broker connection and
> publish commands over it. It looks like (from Stunnel logs) it makes it to
> the remote server, I'm just not getting the response back. So was hoping
> someone has done this with the C# clients and there would be some
> documentation.

IIRC the option to use SSL is not currently built into the C# client,
so if this is true we could put this on the wish list (as always, no
ETA).

Somebody on the list may have already done this - if they have, maybe
they can pass on the code.

If not, it should be reasonably straight forward to change the current
socket client to use SSL. The Java and AS3 libraries can serve as
examples.

As for the Stunnel config, apart from the stunnel manual itself, there
is an stunnel.conf that works with Rabbit described here:
http://hopper.squarespace.com/blog/2008/5/26/tls-support-in-the-as3-amqp-client.html

HTH,

Ben