[rabbitmq-discuss] Pub/sub with expiring reply queue

Richard Marr richard.marr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 11:33:12 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I'm a recent subscriber to the list. For anyone working on RabbitMQ,
congratulations, from my first impressions it looks like stirling
work.

I'm looking into using it as a possible pub/sub-style distribution
mechanism, and thought I'd check with you guys first in case I've
missed something obvious.

The rough flow in my head goes like this:

1) Messages are published on the queue
2) The publishing code creates a temporary reply queue
3) One or more subscribers will post replies
4) Once all replies are received, or a time limit is reached, reply
queue is removed
5) Replies are merged and returned to the calling code

I guess my question is two-fold: Firstly, does that sound practical
using AMQP? And secondly, are there any examples of that sort of
pattern that I can check my ideas against?

Any advice appreciated,

Richard