[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang client: function_clause error

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 23:01:31 GMT 2008

On Oct 27, 2008, at 8:08 AM, Edwin Fine wrote:

> Valentino started a thread on a related topic so he may be able to
> chime in here: http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2008-October/002105.html
>
> I'll take a look.

The way I solved this is simply to let the client crash and restart
from the supervisor. Then
it starts a loop until it connects successfully to the other broker.
This makes the code
really simple and very robust.

The only 'problem' is that in this way I'm basically trusting the
problem (connection error)
to be solved before RabbitMQ goes out of memory.

Speaking of which... Is there any way (donations, manual labor,
slavery or such) that
I can be of help to change the queue state to a new object that knows
how to persist
without using all the memory up?

 From what I see by reading the code I think that the change would be
isolated inside
rabbit_amqqueue_process.erl and the exact variable is message_buffer.
An object
with a similar API but a different storage strategy could maybe be
swapped in instead
of the current queue.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone