[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang client: function_clause error

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 15:06:14 GMT 2008

Edwin,

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Edwin Fine
<rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net> wrote:
> Do you have any general suggestions as to how to recover cleanly from
> multiple connections dying in an application because the broker went down?
> Ideally, I'd like to be able to recover gracefully and not have to crash
> processes unnecessarily.

When you say multiple connections in an application, are you referring
to multiple TCP connections or multiple AMQP channels?

Valentino started a thread on a related topic so he may be able to
chime in here: http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2008-October/002105.html

I'm not quite sure whether the discussion was about how to supervise
client connections using an OTP tree or whether I had that discussion
with somebody else.....if it was, could that person please chip in
here?

HTH,

Ben