[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 1.4 on RHEL 5 64-bit

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:50:25 BST 2008

John,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 2:39 PM, John Arnold <jarnold at sydrom.com> wrote:
> Yes, as I expected, it was a PATH issue. I changed the reference to ../ebin
> in rabbitmqctl from relative to absolute ie ${RABBIT_BASE} and everything is
> tickety-boo

Good to know.

BTW as indicated in my previous post
(http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2008-October/002128.html),
RPMs are also available for RH on the download page.

> Follow-up question: I may be missing something, but I don't seem to be able
> to find any simple examples ie programs for sending and receiving messages.

Have you checked out the documentation on the Rabbit website?

http://www.rabbitmq.com/api-guide.html

Furthermore, there are many different examples in different languages
that you could refer to in various places on the internet - a simple
way to find out about this is to post a question to the user list (to
which I am cross-posting this message).

HTH,

Ben