[rabbitmq-discuss] I'd like rabbitmq to be able to pick its own port(s)

Terry Jones terry at jon.es
Wed Oct 22 02:02:54 BST 2008

Following up on myself...

>>>>> "Terry" == Terry Jones <terry at jon.es> writes:
Terry> It would be useful (to me, anyway) if Rabbit could leave port
Terry> assignment to the OS and then report on what it gets.

I should perhaps have made it clear that I'd like this as an option. It's
good that rabbit uses 5672 by default and it's good that you can
specifically request a port. I'd like a third option - to let the OS give
you the port (and to then report it somewhere - actually I can already see
it in the ps output).

Terry